Dear FTJ Community,
Since our last letter to you, there have been additional cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) confirmed in King and Snohomish Counties. Our hearts are with those who have been affected by this outbreak.
It’s important to emphasize thus far the vast majority of cases have experienced relatively mild symptoms, such as fever and cough. Currently no one at FTJ has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
We take the safety of everyone seriously and want to share with you how Franke Tobey Jones is responding to this changing situation.
Out of an abundance of caution, we are making the same type of preparations that we would for any other potentially disruptive situation. This includes working with senior leadership to maintain critical services in the event of a disruption. We are:
- Following our infection control procedures and taking precautionary measures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Increasing disinfection of frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Working closely with local and state public health officials and following guidance from the CDC to align plans with the most current recommendations from experts.
- Taking preventative measures by asking visitors to stay home if they have symptoms or suspect they have been exposed.
- Some outings and events have been cancelled; other activities will continue but will be monitored and limited if necessary.
What can we do as a community to help prevent the spread of illnesses like the flu and coronavirus? The CDC recommends these precautionary measures:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if water is not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Staff and residents should stay home if they feel sick. Call your healthcare provider before going to a clinic, urgent care or ER.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Information about COVID-19 changes frequently, it’s important to stay informed. Here are some resources for ongoing updates:
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department: www.tpchd.org/coronavirus
WA State Dept. of Health: www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus
Centers for Disease Control: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
We will continue to monitor updates and will share new information as it becomes available. If you would like to receive COVID-19 updates from us, please go to our website and add your contact information. We will also be updating our Facebook page as necessary.
Thank you to our FTJ staff, residents, family members and friends for assisting in this effort.
President & CEO