Featured Apartment of the Month ~ New Memory Care Suites
Our 21 beautiful new Memory Care suites are open and residents are moving in! This is a perfect time to choose the best suite for your loved one(s).
Our Memory Care specializes in seniors with Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia. Our unique approach to memory care features a small group of residents who live together in a home-like setting with secured outside courtyards, many gathering spaces, 24 hour supervision and support. It is not necessary to live at FTJ first.
- Large private suite with private bathroom/shower
- Multiple large gathering areas
- Private, secure outside courtyards
- Under the supervision of a licensed nurse, activity professionals and nursing assistants, each day is guided by our 24 hour staff, and daily routine is structured to maximize quality of life for each resident
- A licensed nurse is available to administer medications and assist with emergencies
- Program includes assistance with activities of daily living including medications, bathing and dressing to ensure that needs are met
- A variety of meaningful activities including Montessori-inspired programming are designed to enhance residents’ strengths while bringing enjoyment to their days
- Residents can enjoy quiet times with other residents and staff in various indoor and outdoor community spaces
- Three delicious meals a day served family-style in the Memory Care dining room
- Weekly housekeeping: bed linens and towels are laundered and supplied weekly, and laundry room is available for personal use. FTJ can also launder personal clothes for a fee.
- Transportation to medical appointments five days a week
- Utilities include cable and local phone service
Or you might be interested in…
Tobey Jones #351 Independent Living with Services
This one bedroom, one bathroom apartment has a kitchenette, large closet in the bedroom and a beautiful view of the campus. The monthly rent of $4,260 (no buy in) includes, meals, housekeeping, transportation and more.
- Three wonderful, chef prepared meals a day
- Weekly housekeeping
- Transportation to and from doctor appointments and shopping
- Fitness classes and a 6,000 square foot Fitness Center
- Woodshop and Craft room
- Senior University with lifelong learning
- Kitchenettes with microwave and refrigerator
- Emergency call alert system
- Library, game room
- Secure entrances with easy call system for visitors
- Free reserved parking
- Free storage space (indoors) if available
Your needs are always a priority for us. For a tour or more information, please call Michelle Olafson or Shirley Robbins at 253-752-6621, or visit www.FrankeTobeyJones.com.
Tobey Jones Building Review by Resident Elaine Eppick
For most of us there comes a time to change our home. Perhaps it’s to be closer to a new grand baby or to avoid another harsh winter in Montana. Whatever the reason, change usually brings about decision making. I moved to Franke Tobey Jones to be near my Tacoma family.
FTJ is many things all situated on acres of a beautifully landscaped campus. I enjoy the scene from my windows. Many of the plantings were done a hundred years ago. The landscape is spectacular, especially now with the very old and large heather in full bloom. People enjoy walking here from the surrounding neighborhoods or from somewhere else, but most especially by the Tobey Jones residents.
I live in the Franke Tobey Jones Building for independent living. It was built in 1924 and has been tastefully modernized through that time. As the years have passed it has provided all the convenience of modern living. But what I enjoy most are the inhabitants. It is always a surprise and joy to learn about the talents, interests and life events that have shaped the residents. There is interesting and lively conversation here from mothers who raised four sons to school teachers and lawyers. And knowing how people enjoy conversation, there are new things to bring smiles every day.
I rate Tobey Jones a 4.8 and I would make the same decision to have it be my home in a heartbeat.
Assisted Living #214
This studio apartment is on the main floor and close to many activities and dining, and features faux-wood flooring (not carpet). The monthly rent of $3,800 (no buy in) includes:
- Three meals daily with waited dining service, a selective menu, flexible eating times and dietician planned meals;
- All utilities including local phone and basic cable;
- Weekly housekeeping, bed linens and towels laundered/supplied;
- Transportation to medical appointments and activities five days/week;
- Scheduled shopping, banking, grocery, drug store—weekly;
- Emergency alert features; front desk concierge; window coverings;
- A Level of Care charge is added to the monthly rent ($445—$3,505). With this level of care charge you have access to RNs or LPNs on the premises 24 hours a day in addition to Certified Nursing Assistants;
- Depending on your level of care, you choose what services including: Medication administration, supervision and other nursing services;
- Access to a dental hygienist, podiatrist, audiologist, physical therapist and occupational therapist.
- If more care is needed, close access to care in the Health Care Center offers peace of mind for residents and family members.