Starting March 22 Visitors Have Been Welcomed Back to FTJ!
We are happy to announce that Washington State DSHS and DOH updated the Safe Start for Long Term Care Recommendations and Requirements (Safe Start) for Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing to expand visitor access in all long-term care facilities. Resuming indoor visits is a celebrated step towards doing things we enjoy with others.
The policy highlights are:
- Two visitors at a time are now allowed in our care areas (assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing) for two hours a day, seven days a week.
- No appointment is necessary
- Each visitor must take the health screen upon arrival
- Masks must be worn at all times
- Visitors must stay in the resident’s room for the duration of the visit
- Social distancing rules apply
- Either the visitors or the resident must be fully vaccinated in order to visit. If the resident is unvaccinated and the visitor is unvaccinated, indoor visits are not allowed. (Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the second shot of a two-shot vaccination or the only shot of a one-shot vaccination).
- Children under 18 are allowed to visit without vaccination as long as they are able to follow all masking and social distancing requirements.
- Children under two years of age do not count towards the 2-visitor limit.
As always, residents living in assisted, memory care and skilled nursing are allowed to leave campus. Upon return to the community the Risk Assessment Tool is still required to be completed. Fully vaccinated residents are no longer subject to a 14 day quarantine unless they have been exposed to someone with COVID 19. Unvaccinated residents may still be subject to a 14-quarantine based on the results of the Risk Assessment Tool.
As always, independent residents can leave campus and upon return do not need to complete the Risk Assessment Tool.
Once again, thank you for your ongoing support as we navigate the many phases of this pandemic. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out via email to me (email@example.com) or Bob Beckham (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at 253-752-6621.
Judy Dunn, President and CEO