What are the Benefits of Living Independently in A Senior Living Community
Senior living has changed significantly over the past few years. Senior Living Communities encompass independent living, assisted living, memory care and some feature skilled nursing as well. Most are beautiful and comfortable with homelike facilities, offering an all-inclusive luxury resort or cruise ship ambiance, amenities, and service. At least that’s what you can expect at Franke Tobey Jones!
Residents living in independent living communities basically live active, totally autonomous lives but have the reassurance that assistance and even care is available if needed. Seniors who live independently in our community will have a place to call their own in one of our apartments or cottages. Most also drive their own cars, cook their own meals, participate in community activities and social events, and have as much privacy or independence as desired. Our independent community offers four areas on our beautiful 20 acre campus: our Duplex Cottages, Bristol View Apartments, Garden Apartments and Tobey Jones Building (that also has a dining room). With all these options, you are sure to find something that suits your fancy.
Independent Living Services and Amenities
Services and top of the line amenities we offer to residents include:
- On-site dining, with the option to purchase individual meals or meal packages
- Planned activities and community outings
- Senior University classes
- Wellness/Fitness classes, personal trainers and fitness center to maintain good health
- Scheduled transportation to banks, stores and physician offices
- Guest accommodations
- Grounds-keeping and maintenance services
- If more home care is needed, we offer assisted living, nursing care and memory care for seniors
Most seniors who have moved to Franke Tobey Jones say they prefer life at their new home more than living alone and here are some reasons why:
- New friendships and social connections
- No yard work or home maintenance
- Moving into a retirement community can be economical
- Wonderful food
- Staying fit with people your own age
- Lifelong Learning
- Safety and peace of mind
- Freedom for seniors to come and go as you please and to make your own decisions and choices.
- Freedom to focus on what’s most important to you, rather than being weighed down by the anchor of daily chores
- Volunteer Opportunities
If you are interested in learning more about Franke Tobey Jones, contact us at 253-752-6621.