Franke Tobey Jones is more than our campus, buildings and services. It’s more than a community of senior residents. It’s also a community of team members who make every day meaningful for our residents, our team members and for ourselves. We are a unique, caring and meaningful place to work, where our jobs are so much more than ‘punching the time clock.’ Franke Tobey Jones is a place where friendships flourish, deep connections are made with our residents, and where our professional work is a caring and compassionate experience.
Our Mission is to enrich and extend the quality of life for seniors in our community. As a not-for-profit organization, we provide senior residential services, a supportive continuum of care and innovative community outreach.
If this sounds like the next step for you and/or the right place for you… check us out!
In compliance with Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14, all employees at Franke Tobey Jones must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 18th, 2021 as a condition of employment, unless they have been granted an exemption from this requirement.
Click here to apply for a position with us… posted or not.Apply Online Employee Benefits Sign on Bonuses
- Paid Life Insurance
- 403(b) with company match
- Paid Vacation (Up to 2 weeks in your first year)
- Paid sick time
- 2 Paid personal days/year
- 7 Paid holidays
- Bereavement pay
- Jury Duty pay
- Competitive wages
- Shift differential pay
- Employee referral bonus
- Employee scholarship opportunities
- Discounted employee meals
- Discounted bus passes
- Employee parties, cookouts, recognition
- Use of wellness center gym
- Free parking and much more
NOC Shift Nurse Supervisor – Full time
Salary Range $40.00 – $45.00/hour
LPN Sign-On Bonus $5,000
RN Sign-On Bonus $7,000
Our Nurses are vital to the smooth running of our organization and provide valuable and necessary medical assistance and care of our residents. They possess the medical education needed to respond appropriately to the acute and long-term needs of our residents, while providing vital patient care services.
Our NOC Charge/Night Nursing Supervisor oversees all units and staff – skilled nursing, assisted living and memory care. RN preferred although not required. Shift time is 10PM – 6:30AM working Wednesday – Saturday nights per week on a fixed schedule.
- Administer medications; makes assessment of patient needs; and makes timely recommendations
- Administer treatment applications include, but are not limited to: taking and recording of vital signs, collecting fluid samples, dressing of wounds, etc.
- Monitors, updates, teaches and trains Aides
- Maintains medical records on residents
- Other duties as assigned which may include, but are not limited to:
- Interacts with family members and peers regarding resident condition
- Responds to incoming telephone calls; faxes information as needed
- Monitors supplies and usage with cost control in mind
Certified Nursing Assistants – Full Time
Salary Range $21.58 – $25.97/hour
As an Aide with us, you’ll participate in resident care management, diet and nutrition, and documentation and record keeping. Do you have a passion and experience with seniors?
To join us you need:
- Nursing Aide Certification, preferably with experience in a long-term care facility for the elderly.
- Active status on the Registry.
- A demonstrated ability and skill for interacting with a wide variety of people, particularly the elderly and their family members; the ability to effectively organize and accomplish the myriad tasks of the position.
- A High School diploma.
- CPR and First Aid.
- Mental health and dementia training certification will put you on the top of our interview list!
NURSES, Full time, Evening and Day shifts; OnCall, All shifts
Salary Range $33.67 – $47.14/hour
LPN Sign-On Bonus $5,000
RN Sign-On Bonus $5,000
Our Nurses are critical to the efficient operation of our organization and provide valuable and necessary medical oversight and care of our residents. They detect and respond appropriately to the acute and long-term medical needs of our residents, while providing vital patient care services.
Our nurses are respected for their skills and compassion to:
- Assess resident needs and makes recommendations based on changing needs; Interact with residents, family members, peers, physicians, pharmacists and other health care providers; Administer medications to residents per approved orders in appropriate, timely manner.
- Administers treatment applications in appropriate, timely manner; treatments may include, but are not limited to: taking vital signs, collecting fluid samples, performing routine laboratory tests, dressing of wounds, etc.; Assemble and use such equipment as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, oxygen suppliers and feeding tubes.
- Maintain resident records, which may include but are not limited to: problem list, Care Plan, flow sheets, log book, communication board; make notes of resident progress on medical record chart; make timely and appropriate recommendations to charge nurse and oncoming staff regarding changes in resident’s condition.
- Active nursing license, unencumbered.
- Education appropriate for licensure.
- Experience to include internships, NAC experience, specialty training, long-term care experience with the elderly.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people, particularly the elderly and their family members
Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities
Effective training skills:
- Electronic medical record program experience (training provided on PCC).
- Office Suite skills.
- DSHS Dementia and Mental Health certificate.
- Active CPR.
On call nurses and aides are eligible for applicable shift differentials as well as our ‘On Call Bonus’ (paid based on number of shifts picked-up monthly).
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION, click on any “Apply OnLine” box to complete our required application. If you have applied with us before—PLEASE RE-APPLYApply Online
Waitstaff/Server – Part Time
Hourly Wage Range $15.90 – $17.82
This position will work 4-5 days/week with varied shifts (6:30AM — 3PM and/or 10:30AM — 7PM). Must have 7-day availability for work.
Are you looking for a place to make a difference? Our dining staff strive for high quality standards, enjoy interacting with elderly residents, and seek to help others in a meaningful way.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work as a team member
- A current food handler’s card
- The ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing
If you would like to apply for a job at Franke Tobey Jones, you must fill out and submit an Employment Application form. You may:
- Complete the application right here! Click here to go to our online application. Or if you need to download the Application for Employment: Right click on the PDF link and click “Save Link As.” Choose to save the PDF to your desktop. Once downloaded, open the PDF from your desktop using Adobe Acrobat. When you’ve completed the PDF form, click the “Submit Form Now” button on the last page of the form. This will open your email program and create an email that will be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Having troubling opening the PDF? Be sure you have the most current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
- Stop by our front desk to pick up an application.
- Call us, and we will mail you an application.
- Send us an email
- Print the online Application for Employment and mail it to us at:
Franke Tobey Jones
Attn: Human Resources
5340 N. Bristol
Tacoma, WA 98407
- You must be able to pass a criminal background screen as well as a drug screen. We are a drug free workplace.