Click here to apply for a position with us… posted or not.Apply Online
Are you looking for a place to make a difference? Our dining staff strive for high quality standards, enjoy interacting with elderly residents, and seek to help others in a meaningful way. Are you looking for an opportunity to work with others like you? Our staff range from experienced servers to those brand new to the workforce! Join our team today!
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work as a reliable team member
- A current food handler’s card
The ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing.Apply Online
Full time, Monday through Friday
Our Therapeutic Activity Assistants provide a valuable service for our residents, which directly increases the quality of their retirement years. Working closely with other Activities personnel, the Assistant provides support during activity programs that provides meaningful and rewarding pursuits to enhance the enjoyment of life for our residents. This position prepares, posts, conducts and documents activities working with volunteers and staff.
The ideal applicant strives for high quality standards, enjoys interacting with our residents, and seeks to help others in a meaningful way. We are looking for someone with experience leading activities — ideally with an elderly population, computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook), a WA driver’s license in good standing and dementia and mental health training certification is highly desired for this position although not required.Apply Online
This position will lead the company’s Finance Team and report to the CEO.
Responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to:.
- Provide financial analysis and guidance for all departments and executives
- Support strategic initiatives and operations with financial forecasting
- Develop proformas and models to contribute strategically to executive leadership and stakeholders
- Develop policies related to new accounting standards
- Manage the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and related reports, including variance analysis
- Plan, organize and coordinate the year-end close process including working with auditors and tax professionals
- Continually assess internal controls, including risk assessment and review areas of risk; maintain generally accepted accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure successful completion of company’s tax filings and related regulatory reporting
- Oversee the annual budget process, including report preparation and distribution, consolidation and financial analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Detail oriented and highly analytical
- Ability to prioritize and to work independently
- High degree of integrity, accounting proficiency and leadership skills
- Proactive, positive attitude and a desire to innovate and improve processes
- Confidence in one’s ideas, abilities and decisions; ability to take initiative
- Minimum of 10 years progressively responsible accounting experience, at least 5 in a leadership role
- Not-for-profit experience preferred
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and a 403(b) with a company match. Ample free parking and use of our on-site gym on a lovely park-like campus close to Point Defiance Park and the Tacoma WaterfrontApply Online
Receptionist/Clinical Scheduler – Part time, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Friday 8:00 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday 8:00 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
The successful candidate will possess great customer service skills along with the ability to manage the front desk, coordinate families, residents and aides, all while operating a multi-phone line system. The desire and ability to work with the senior population is a must. This position represents FTJ as our “First Impression” so attitude, multi-tasking with a smile and great customer service are required. Basic computer skills are also required–experience with On-Shift is a big plus.Apply Online
Full time, Sunday – Thursday, 12:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Join our team of customer care professionals at Franke Tobey Jones. Our Maintenance Mechanic performs general maintenance, repair, remodeling and construction duties utilizing working knowledge of several related skill fields such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, heating and cooling , and painting. This position performs work in the maintenance, repair, remodeling, and alteration of buildings, grounds, facilities, and equipment. Working with the building services team, the Maintenance Mechanic provides maintenance services that assure regulatory compliance and the smooth operation of building systems.
- Required Education
- Required: High school diploma required
- Preferred Education: Trade school or technical college graduate in related field plus additional courses in air conditioning, heaters, and boiler operation a definite plus
- Minimum Required Experience
- Required: At least 2 years general work experience
- Preferred Experience: Experience in building and equipment maintenance, construction or repair work with demonstrated knowledge and skill in plumbing, carpentry, electrical/mechanical systems
- Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to:
- Handle multiple priorities
- Problem solve
- Plan and direct for best use of company resource
- Demonstrate and teach various maintenance duties to other maintenance employees
- Effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities
- Work well as a team member
- Problem solve
- Requires effective skills to communicate information verbally and in writing, understand and explain, in English
- MUST have a demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people
- Ability to:
- Required: Valid driver’s license required
- Preferred Licenses/Certifications: Class IV Boiler Fireman Boiler License
You must be able to pass a criminal background screen, drug/alcohol screen (including marijuana), and a functional assessment (abbreviated physical exam) for this position.Apply Online
Housekeeper – Full Time
Wednesday- Sunday, 6AM – 2:30PM. Benefits eligible position.
Our Housekeepers, working directly with the Housekeeping Supervisor, have a vital role in the smooth running of our facility, providing the highest quality, sanitary and pleasant surroundings for our residents. These individuals follow and emulate the highest standards of excellence for the entire housekeeping team, which are reflected, every day, in the attractive, clean and maintained rooms, common areas and offices throughout our organization.
The ideal applicant will strive for high quality standards, enjoy interacting with residents and seek to help others in a meaningful way.
Typical duties include:
- Lifting up to 35 pounds
Housekeepers communicate with residents about housekeeping concerns, safety and contribute to the warm and friendly atmosphere at Franke Tobey Jones.
Previous customer service experience is preferred, training will be provided for housekeeping.
Must have basic English proficiency to read instructions and speak and communicate safety concerns clearly.
We offer a great work environment as you serve our senior residents. Join our team of fun, long-time employees and see why Franke Tobey Jones is a great place to work!
No phone calls please. But please drop by if you want to fill out an application!
We are a Drug Free WorkplaceApply Online
Driver – Part Time
Tuesday 1-4PM and Wednesdays 9AM – 5PM and may assist during absences
Are you looking to make a difference? Join our team of professionals at Franke Tobey Jones, a CCRC (continuing care retirement community) in Tacoma near Pt. Defiance.
Our Drivers provide a valuable service for our residents, which directly increases the quality of their retirement years. Drivers provide support and transportation during activity programs to various off-site activities which may include doctor appointments and shopping. Do you have a passion for, and experience with, seniors?
To join us you need:
- Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: 1 year experience with the elderly or challenged population
Skills and Abilities: Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people, particularly the elderly and their family members; ability to organize and coordinate multiple priorities, patience, excellent communication skills. Knowledge of Tacoma streets and locations a real plus!
- Clean WA Driver’s License required, CDL preferred but not required.
No phone calls please. EEOC, DF.Apply Online
The Resident Care Supervisor
This is critical for overseeing the overall quality of care provided by our organization in an assigned area; Ensures valuable and necessary medical assistance and care of our residents; and assures maximum independence and self-direction for assigned residents. As part of the Nursing Service leadership team, this position may support and fill-in for ADON in respective area(s) of responsibility. Provides staff training, coaching, and counseling. Participates in and enforces quality assurance for the Clinical Services department and department cost control measures. This is a working Supervisor position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Implements and oversees the care of all facility residents; follows care guidelines; monitors and recommends modifications as needed; assesses staff implementation effectiveness; meets with and performs individual assessments of residents, current residents and prospective residents, as needed.
- Responsible and accountable for managing the nursing care of assigned residents. Coordinates and supervises the care of all residents; including rounds, driving and coordinating admissions; Recommends care guidelines and attends care conferences; Arranges for any necessary support or equipment needs; Monitors and modifies as needed; Assesses staff implementation effectiveness; Meets with and performs individual assessments of residents/patients as needed; Coordinates with appropriate internal staff and external parties to facilitate care.
- Reviews and oversees, on a daily basis, the documented care of facility residents including but not limited to medical reports and all daily reporting from nursing: alert charting, Aide support services, orders, charting, incident reports, care plans, labs, assessments, appointments, transportation needs, supplies, etc.
- Supervises and directs assigned clinical services staff; Provides input and participates in hiring, scheduling, training, performance improvement, evaluations, and terminations of staff as needed; Monitors quality of work; Provides short- and long-term direction; Reviews job descriptions and job expectations; Oversees clinical new hire orientation, in-service training.
- Develops, coordinates, and monitors appropriate training programs for staff per approved state and federal guidelines
- Audits relevant patient/resident information to detect need for adjustments; make recommendations per approved care guidelines. Keeps ADON, and DON, advised of any and all findings. Makes rounds of residents daily.
- Assists in maintaining continuous quality improvement per approved state and federal regulations, as well as meeting Franke Tobey Jones standards; provides input and recommendations pertaining to nursing policies and procedures.
- Provides support and back up to the ADON in their absence; Shares “on call” responsibility.
- Provides leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; creates and promotes a positive and supportive work environment.
Other duties as assigned, which may include, but are not limited to:
- Revises, updates and implements changes to nursing policy & procedure manual as directed
- Participates in orientation of facility staff
- Participates in committees as requested and/or directed
Essential Experience/Required Licenses:
- Minimum Preferred Education: BS in nursing with additional coursework in geriatrics/gerontology, adult physical assessment
- Minimum Required Experience: At least 5 years’ supervisory experience nursing in health care facility, working with the elderly
- Preferred Experience: N/A
- Minimum Required Skills and Abilities: Effective people management skills; demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people, especially the elderly and their family members as well as staff; ability to organize and coordinate multiple priorities. Must be skilled at using Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as skill in using electronic medical records systems
- Preferred Skills: Experience with Point Click Care
- Required Licenses/Certifications: Washington LPN license
- Preferred Licenses/Certifications: RN; certification in gerontological nursing
Our Aides are vital to the smooth running of our organization and provide valuable and necessary medical assistance and care of our residents. They possess the compassion and medical training needed to assist with the acute and long-term medical care of our residents, while providing vital patient care services. CNA required.
- Full Time, Skilled Nursing – Day/Eve/NOC shift. Block schedule, (80 hours per pay period), with every other weekend off.
- Part Time, AL and/or HCC, Day/Eve shifts.
- On Call/Scheduled, commit to every other weekend or (Days or Eves, Saturday and Sunday, 8 hour shifts) with an option for additional/flexible pick-ups.
On-call nurses and aides are eligible for applicable shift differentials as well as our ‘On-Call Bonus’ (paid based on number of shifts picked-up monthly).Apply Online
Our Nurses are critical to the efficient operation of our organization and provide valuable and necessary medical oversight and care of our residents. They detect and respond appropriately to the acute and long-term medical needs of our residents, while providing vital patient care services. Our nurses are respected for their skills and compassion to:
Assess resident needs and makes recommendations based on changing needs; Interact with residents, family members, peers, physicians, pharmacists and other health care providers; Administer medications to residents per approved orders in appropriate, timely manner.
Administers treatment applications in appropriate, timely manner; treatments may include, but are not limited to: taking vital signs, collecting fluid samples, performing routine laboratory tests, dressing of wounds, etc.; Assemble and use such equipment as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, oxygen suppliers and feeding tubes.
Maintain resident records, which may include but are not limited to: problem list, Care Plan, flow sheets, log book, communication board; make notes of resident progress on medical record chart; make timely and appropriate recommendations to charge nurse and oncoming staff regarding changes in resident’s condition.
RN/LPN – Part Time, Day and/or Eve shift, Skilled Nursing, scheduled hours
RN – Full time, Eve shift, Skilled Nursing, block schedule, every other weekend off
RN/LPN – On Call – Day and/or Eve shifts
On call nurses and aides are eligible for applicable shift differentials as well as our ‘On Call Bonus’ (paid based on number of shifts picked-up monthly).Apply Online
If you would like to apply for a job at Franke Tobey Jones, you must fill out and submit an Employment Application form. You may:
- Complete the application right here! Click here to go to our online application. Or if you need to download the Application for Employment: Right click on the PDF link and click “Save Link As.” Choose to save the PDF to your desktop. Once downloaded, open the PDF from your desktop using Adobe Acrobat. When you’ve completed the PDF form, click the “Submit Form Now” button on the last page of the form. This will open your email program and create an email that will be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Having troubling opening the PDF? Be sure you have the most current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
- Stop by our front desk to pick up an application.
- Call us, and we will mail you an application.
- Send us an email
- Print the online Application for Employment and mail it to us at:
Franke Tobey Jones
Attn: Human Resources
5340 N. Bristol
Tacoma, WA 98407
- You must be able to pass a criminal background screen as well as a drug screen. We are a drug free workplace.
- No phone calls please.