Franke Tobey Jones is more than our campus, buildings and services. It’s more than a community of senior residents. It’s also a community of team members who make every day meaningful for our residents, our team members and for ourselves. We are a unique, caring and meaningful place to work, where our jobs are so much more than ‘punching the time clock.’ Franke Tobey Jones is a place where friendships flourish, deep connections are made with our residents, and where our professional work is a caring and compassionate experience.
Our Mission is to enrich and extend the quality of life for seniors in our community. As a not-for-profit organization, we provide senior residential services, a supportive continuum of care and innovative community outreach.
If this sounds like the next step for you and/or the right place for you… check us out!
In compliance with Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14, all employees at Franke Tobey Jones must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 18th, 2021 as a condition of employment, unless they have been granted an exemption from this requirement.
Click here to apply for a position with us… posted or not.Apply Online Employee Benefits Sign on Bonuses
All FTJ employees must be able to pass a criminal background screen and a drug/alcohol screen (including marijuana), and a functional assessment (abbreviated physical exam) is required for certain positions.
Maintenance Tech/Handyman – Full time
Our Maintenance Tech performs general maintenance, repair, remodeling and construction duties utilizing working knowledge of several related skill fields such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, heating and cooling , and painting. This position performs work in the maintenance, repair, remodeling, and alteration of buildings, grounds, facilities, and equipment.
- High school diploma required
- Trade school or technical college graduate in related field
Additional courses in air conditioning, heaters, and boiler operation a definite plus!
Minimum Required Experience:
- At least 2 years’ general work experience
Preferred Experience: Experience in building and equipment maintenance, construction or repair work with demonstrated knowledge and skill in plumbing, carpentry, electrical/mechanical systems.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to plan and direct for best use of company resources
- Ability to demonstrate and teach various maintenance duties to other maintenance employees
- Requires effective communication skills to communicate information verbally and in writing, understand and explain, in English
- MUST have a demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities
- Ability to work well as a team member; and the ability to problem solve
- Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid driver’s license required
Laundry and Housekeeper – full time, Wednesday – Sunday, 8:00am – 4:30pm
Our Housekeepers have a vital role in the smooth running of our facility, providing the quality service for sanitary and pleasant surroundings for our residents. Our housekeepers follow and emulate the highest standards of excellence which are reflected every day in the attractive, clean and maintained rooms, common areas and offices throughout our organization. We offer a competitive wage and a great work environment as you serve our elderly residents.
If this sounds like the place for you and you can carry (for short distances) and lift 35 lbs., and speak and read English, apply here.Apply Online
Therapeutic Activities Assistant – Wednesday – Sunday, 8:30am – 4:00pm
Our Activities Assistants provide a valuable service for our residents, which directly increases the quality of their retirement years. Working closely with other Activities personnel, the Assistant provides support during activity programs that will provide meaningful and rewarding pursuits to enhance the enjoyment of life for our residents. This position prepares, posts, conducts and documents activities working with volunteers and staff.
If you meet the following requirements, submit your application today!
- 1 year experience leading activities with an elderly population
- Computer skill – Office Suite (word, excel, outlook)
- WA State Driver’s license
- Dementia and Mental Health training a real plus!
Dishwasher – Full Time – 7:30am to 4:00pm
Our Dishwashers have an important role in the smooth running of our food service area, contributing to a well-run kitchen. These individuals follow high standards of cleanliness and sanitation which are reflected in the meal service we and our residents enjoy every day.
You must have:
- A demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people
- The ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities
- The ability to work well as a team member
- The ability to problem solve.
- A Washington State Food & Beverage Permit must be obtained prior to working.
Franke Tobey Jones offers excellent benefits.Apply Online
Dietary Aide/Waitstaff – Full Time, days vary/6:30am – 3:00pm
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work as a team member
- A current food handler’s card
- The ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing
Certified Nursing Assistants – Full Time Positions for all Areas. Hire on Bonus $3000!
As an Aide with Franke Tobey Jones, you’ll participate in resident care management, diet and nutrition, and documentation and record keeping. Do you have a passion and experience with seniors?
To join us you need:
- Nursing Aide Certification, preferably with experience in a long-term care facility for the elderly
- Active status on the Registry
- A demonstrated ability and skill for interacting with a wide variety of people, particularly the elderly and their family members; the ability to effectively organize and accomplish the myriad tasks of the position
- A High School diploma
- CPR and First Aid
- Mental health and dementia training certification will put you on the top of our interview list!
NURSES, Full time, Evening and Day shifts; OnCall, All shifts
Our Nurses are critical to the efficient operation of our organization and provide valuable and necessary medical oversight and care of our residents. They detect and respond appropriately to the acute and long-term medical needs of our residents, while providing vital patient care services. Our nurses are respected for their skills and compassion to:
- Assess resident needs and makes recommendations based on changing needs; Interact with residents, family members, peers, physicians, pharmacists and other health care providers; Administer medications to residents per approved orders in appropriate, timely manner.
- Administers treatment applications in appropriate, timely manner; treatments may include, but are not limited to: taking vital signs, collecting fluid samples, performing routine laboratory tests, dressing of wounds, etc.; Assemble and use such equipment as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, oxygen suppliers and feeding tubes.
- Maintain resident records, which may include but are not limited to: problem list, Care Plan, flow sheets, log book, communication board; make notes of resident progress on medical record chart; make timely and appropriate recommendations to charge nurse and oncoming staff regarding changes in resident’s condition.
- Active nursing license, unencumbered
- Education appropriate for licensure
- Experience to include internships, NAC experience, specialty training, long-term care experience with the elderly
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people, particularly the elderly and their family members
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities
- Effective training skills
- Electronic medical record program experience (training provided on PCC)
- Office Suite skills
- DSHS Dementia and Mental Health certificate
- Active CPR
On call nurses and aides are eligible for applicable shift differentials as well as our ‘On Call Bonus’ (paid based on number of shifts picked-up monthly).
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION, click on any “Apply OnLine” box to complete our required application. If you have applied with us before—PLEASE RE-APPLYApply Online
If you would like to apply for a job at Franke Tobey Jones, you must fill out and submit an Employment Application form. You may:
- Complete the application right here! Click here to go to our online application. Or if you need to download the Application for Employment: Right click on the PDF link and click “Save Link As.” Choose to save the PDF to your desktop. Once downloaded, open the PDF from your desktop using Adobe Acrobat. When you’ve completed the PDF form, click the “Submit Form Now” button on the last page of the form. This will open your email program and create an email that will be sent to email@example.com. (Having troubling opening the PDF? Be sure you have the most current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
- Stop by our front desk to pick up an application.
- Call us, and we will mail you an application.
- Send us an email
- Print the online Application for Employment and mail it to us at:
Franke Tobey Jones
Attn: Human Resources
5340 N. Bristol
Tacoma, WA 98407
- You must be able to pass a criminal background screen as well as a drug screen. We are a drug free workplace.