Click here to apply for a position with us… posted or not.Apply Online
Director of Philanthropy
The Director of Philanthropy is responsible for planning, managing and implementing all fundraising strategies and related activities at Franke Tobey Jones, including the Annual Fund drives, future Capital Campaigns, board related development activities, Philanthropy Committee, special events and communications (in collaboration with the Senior Director of Marketing/Public Relations), planned giving endeavors, sponsorships/collaborations, funding for community programs, and Volunteer programs. The Director of Philanthropy reports to the President/CEO and serves as a member of the senior management team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Cultivates, solicits and secures major gifts from Franke Tobey Jones (FTJ) internal donor constituency
- Builds, develops, and expands all Planned Giving and Major Gifts Programs
- Directs FTJ’s Annual Fund drives
- Facilitates and directs all grant work: funding research, proposals, acknowledgments, donor related events, and development computer information
- Hires and supervises activities of the Assistant Director of Philanthropy and Volunteer Coordinator
- Oversees the coordination of the following:
- Annual fundraiser, “Franke’s Follies”
- Annual Senior Art Show
- Annual Donor and Volunteer Appreciation event
- Manages the Tribute and Memorial Gift Program
- Designs and implements strategic plan for all development efforts
- Manages donor recognition program
- Plans and manages all donor-related special events to include educational and financial programs
- Coordinates the President/CEO and board fundraising activities
- Creates and manages a board and community member Philanthropy Committee
- Coordinates the quarterly allocations of the Employee Scholarship Committee
- Coordinates yearly allocations of the FTJ Community Outreach Program fund
- Seeks and manages collaborations, partnerships and sponsorships for the support of existing Community Programs and the expansion of Community Programs
- Coordinates external funding requests for the expansion of community programs and the Pt. Defiance/Ruston Senior Center
- Works with the Senior Director of Marketing/Public Relations to coordinate the development and production of various fundraising materials and communication – such as brochures, articles, video, presentations, reports, newsletters, invitations and announcements
- Manages the development operating and income budgets, and creates reports to monitor budget goals
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum Required Experience: At least 5 years proven and documented success in all areas of fundraising
- Minimum Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people, particularly seniors.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to organize and coordinate multiple priorities, and supervise staff.
- Knowledge of marketing and public relations strategies.
- Available to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations concerning fundraising.
- Familiarity with MS Office programs and development software programs, particularly Raiser’s Edge.
Server/Wait Staff – Full time and Part time:
Are you looking for a place to make a difference? Our dining staff strive for high quality standards, enjoy interacting with elderly residents, and seek to help others in a meaningful way. Are you looking for an opportunity to work with others like you? Our staff range from experienced servers to those brand new to the workforce! Join our team today!
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work as a reliable team member
- A current food handler’s card
The ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing.Apply Online
Our Aides are vital to the smooth running of our organization and provide valuable and necessary medical assistance and care of our residents. They possess the compassion and medical training needed to assist with the acute and long-term medical care of our residents, while providing vital patient care services. CNA required.
- Full Time, Skilled Nursing – Day/Eve/NOC shift. Block schedule, (80 hours per pay period), with every other weekend off.
- Part Time, AL and/or HCC, Day/Eve shifts.
- On Call/Scheduled, commit to every other weekend or (Days or Eves, Saturday and Sunday, 8 hour shifts) with an option for additional/flexible pick-ups.
On-call nurses and aides are eligible for applicable shift differentials as well as our ‘On-Call Bonus’ (paid based on number of shifts picked-up monthly).Apply Online
Our Nurses are critical to the efficient operation of our organization and provide valuable and necessary medical oversight and care of our residents. They detect and respond appropriately to the acute and long-term medical needs of our residents, while providing vital patient care services. Our nurses are respected for their skills and compassion to:
Assess resident needs and makes recommendations based on changing needs; Interact with residents, family members, peers, physicians, pharmacists and other health care providers; Administer medications to residents per approved orders in appropriate, timely manner.
Administers treatment applications in appropriate, timely manner; treatments may include, but are not limited to: taking vital signs, collecting fluid samples, performing routine laboratory tests, dressing of wounds, etc.; Assemble and use such equipment as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, oxygen suppliers and feeding tubes.
Maintain resident records, which may include but are not limited to: problem list, Care Plan, flow sheets, log book, communication board; make notes of resident progress on medical record chart; make timely and appropriate recommendations to charge nurse and oncoming staff regarding changes in resident’s condition.
RN/LPN – Part Time, Day and/or Eve shift, Skilled Nursing, scheduled hours
RN – Full time, Eve shift, Skilled Nursing, block schedule, every other weekend off
RN/LPN – On Call – Day and/or Eve shifts
On call nurses and aides are eligible for applicable shift differentials as well as our ‘On Call Bonus’ (paid based on number of shifts picked-up monthly).Apply Online
If you would like to apply for a job at Franke Tobey Jones, you must fill out and submit an Employment Application form. You may:
- Complete the application right here! Click here to go to our online application. Or if you need to download the Application for Employment: Right click on the PDF link and click “Save Link As.” Choose to save the PDF to your desktop. Once downloaded, open the PDF from your desktop using Adobe Acrobat. When you’ve completed the PDF form, click the “Submit Form Now” button on the last page of the form. This will open your email program and create an email that will be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Having troubling opening the PDF? Be sure you have the most current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
- Stop by our front desk to pick up an application.
- Call us, and we will mail you an application.
- Send us an email
- Print the online Application for Employment and mail it to us at:
Franke Tobey Jones
Attn: Human Resources
5340 N. Bristol
Tacoma, WA 98407
- You must be able to pass a criminal background screen as well as a drug screen. We are a drug free workplace.
- No phone calls please.