Click here to apply for a position with us… posted or not.Apply Online
Join our team of professionals at Franke Tobey Jones, a CCRC (continuing care retirement community) in Tacoma near Pt. Defiance.
Our Cooks, working directly with the Chef Manager and Senior Director of Dining Services, are pivotal to Dining Services and kitchen operations running smoothly. Great culinary skills and timing assure the high quality, nutritious meals for our residents. This individual follows and emulates standards of excellence for the entire food service team, which are directly reflected in the eye-appealing, well-balanced meals and snacks served.
At Franke Tobey Jones, you’ll enjoy stable and consistent hours, OT opportunities, leaving work by 7PM and working in a clean (and air-conditioned) kitchen with terrific co-workers!
- Some a.m. 5:30am – 2:00 pm. Some p.m. 10:30 am-7:00 pm.–so no more late nights!!!. Visit our website, https://www.franketobeyjones.com/join-our-team/culture-and-benefits/ to review our full-time benefits which include medical, dental, vision and Paid Time Off.
- Minimum Required Education: High School diploma or GED
- Minimum Required Experience: At least 1 year food preparation experience in an industrial or restaurant food service capacity
Minimum Required Skills and Abilities: Must be able to read English and have effective communication skills; must demonstrate kitchen leadership skills; must demonstrate the ability for high quality food preparation while interacting with a wide variety of people, particularly the elderly and their family members; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well under deadlines; and the ability to problem solve under pressure
- Required Licenses/Certifications: State of Washington Food Service Worker’s Permit; Beverage Service Worker’s Permit
You must be able to pass a criminal background screen as well as a drug screen that includes marijuana. We are a Drug Free Workplace.Apply Online
Server/Wait Staff – Full time and Part time:
Are you looking for a place to make a difference? Our dining staff strive for high quality standards, enjoy interacting with elderly residents, and seek to help others in a meaningful way. Are you looking for an opportunity to work with others like you? Our staff range from experienced servers to those brand new to the workforce! Join our team today!
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work as a reliable team member
- A current food handler’s card
The ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing.Apply Online
Join our team of caring professionals at Franke Tobey Jones, a CCRC (Continuing Care Retirement Community) in North Tacoma near Pt. Defiance. We are looking for 2 committed Certified Nursing Assistants NOC shifts
Do you have a passion for and experience with seniors? We’re looking for skill and compassion. To join us you need:
- Nursing Aide Certification, preferably with experience in a long-term care facility for the elderly
- Active status on the Registry
- DSHS Dementia and Mental Health certification
- Active First Aid and CPR
- A demonstrated ability and skill for interacting with a wide variety of people, particularly the elderly and their family members; the ability to effectively organize and accomplish the myriad tasks of the position
- Electronic medical record skill preferred, but we can train yo
- A High School diploma preferred but not required.
Our Aides are vital to the smooth running of our organization and provide valuable and necessary medical assistance and care of our residents. They possess the compassion and medical training needed to assist with the acute and long-term medical care of our residents, while providing vital patient care services. CNA required.
- Full Time, Skilled Nursing – Day/Eve/NOC shift. Block schedule, (80 hours per pay period), with every other weekend off.
- Part Time, AL and/or HCC, Day/Eve shifts.
- On Call/Scheduled, commit to every other weekend or (Days or Eves, Saturday and Sunday, 8 hour shifts) with an option for additional/flexible pick-ups.
On-call nurses and aides are eligible for applicable shift differentials as well as our ‘On-Call Bonus’ (paid based on number of shifts picked-up monthly).Apply Online
Our Nurses are critical to the efficient operation of our organization and provide valuable and necessary medical oversight and care of our residents. They detect and respond appropriately to the acute and long-term medical needs of our residents, while providing vital patient care services. Our nurses are respected for their skills and compassion to:
Assess resident needs and makes recommendations based on changing needs; Interact with residents, family members, peers, physicians, pharmacists and other health care providers; Administer medications to residents per approved orders in appropriate, timely manner.
Administers treatment applications in appropriate, timely manner; treatments may include, but are not limited to: taking vital signs, collecting fluid samples, performing routine laboratory tests, dressing of wounds, etc.; Assemble and use such equipment as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, oxygen suppliers and feeding tubes.
Maintain resident records, which may include but are not limited to: problem list, Care Plan, flow sheets, log book, communication board; make notes of resident progress on medical record chart; make timely and appropriate recommendations to charge nurse and oncoming staff regarding changes in resident’s condition.
RN/LPN – Part Time, Day and/or Eve shift, Skilled Nursing, scheduled hours
RN – Full time, Eve shift, Skilled Nursing, block schedule, every other weekend off
RN/LPN – On Call – Day and/or Eve shifts
On call nurses and aides are eligible for applicable shift differentials as well as our ‘On Call Bonus’ (paid based on number of shifts picked-up monthly).Apply Online
Therapeutic Activity Assistant
Franke Tobey Jones, a beautiful, historic retirement community in North Tacoma (by Pt. Defiance) is seeking a Therapeutic Activity Assistant. This full time position works Saturday through Wednesday, 8:30am – 4pm.
Our Therapeutic Activity Assistants provide a valuable service for our residents, which directly increases the quality of their retirement years. Working closely with other Activities personnel, the Assistant provides support during activity programs that provides meaningful and rewarding pursuits to enhance the enjoyment of life for our residents. This position prepares, posts, conducts and documents activities working with volunteers and staff.
The ideal applicant strives for high quality standards, enjoys interacting with our residents, and seeks to help others in a meaningful way. We are looking for someone with experience leading activities — ideally with an elderly population, computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook), a WA driver’s license in good standing and dementia and mental health training certification is highly desired for this position although not required.
No phone calls please. EEOC, DFW
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact us.Apply Online
If you would like to apply for a job at Franke Tobey Jones, you must fill out and submit an Employment Application form. You may:
- Complete the application right here! Click here to go to our online application. Or if you need to download the Application for Employment: Right click on the PDF link and click “Save Link As.” Choose to save the PDF to your desktop. Once downloaded, open the PDF from your desktop using Adobe Acrobat. When you’ve completed the PDF form, click the “Submit Form Now” button on the last page of the form. This will open your email program and create an email that will be sent to email@example.com. (Having troubling opening the PDF? Be sure you have the most current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
- Stop by our front desk to pick up an application.
- Call us, and we will mail you an application.
- Send us an email
- Print the online Application for Employment and mail it to us at:
Franke Tobey Jones
Attn: Human Resources
5340 N. Bristol
Tacoma, WA 98407
- You must be able to pass a criminal background screen as well as a drug screen. We are a drug free workplace.
- No phone calls please.