Perhaps no form of care requires more patience, compassion, or skill than caring for those living with memory loss. Finding the right memory care community and home away from home with a new family is essential in helping ensure a life of purpose and fulfillment for your loved one.
First, you’ll need to find a community in Tacoma, WA that has a separate neighborhood for memory care. It is also important to find an Alzheimer’s care home with professional staff that receives specialized training for working with these individuals and their unique health situations.
Here are some questions you should ask when looking for a superior community:
- Is it a secure neighborhood that specializes in memory care?
- What specific services does the community provide?
- Does the staff receive specialized training?
- What level of personal attention and assistance can individuals expect?
- Does the community have a special dining program that uses various techniques to address the specific challenges people living with dementia have while eating?
- What programs are offered to stimulate and support the mind, exercise the body and provide socialization opportunities?
- Does the community group people by level of cognition?
- How does the community handle medical emergencies?
- What is the ratio of professional caregivers to residents?
- How does the community communicate with families about a resident’s well-being?
Franke Tobey Jones memory care facility, Our Place, is a specially designed, residence for seniors in the early stages of dementia. It provides the best views on campus, with a lovely and secure balcony overlooking Commencement Bay in Tacoma, WA. Meaningful activities are individually designed to provide maximum enjoyment and purpose in each resident’s daily life. Our program encourages socialization, reminiscing, movement, mind stimulation, and spiritual traditions. For more information about the friendly and caring services offered at our senior living community, call us today for pricing or to schedule a tour.