So many of us conjure up images from when we might have visited our mom or grandmother in a nursing or retirement living home, but senior living has changed significantly over the past few years. Independent senior living communities in Tacoma, WA today are simply not our “mother’s nursing home.” Most are beautiful and comfortable homelike facilities, offering an all-inclusive luxury resort or cruise ship ambiance and service; at least that’s what you can expect at Franke Tobey Jones senior independent living community in Tacoma, WA.
Residents living in independent living communities basically live active, totally autonomous lives but have the reassurance that assistance and even care is available if needed. Seniors who live independently in our retirement living community will have a place to call their own in one of our apartments or cottages. They will also drive their own cars, cook their own meals, participate in community activities and have as much privacy or independence as desired. Our senior community offers three styles of affordable living; our Duplex Cottages, Garden Apartments or Tobey Jones Building. With all these options, you are sure to find a senior independent living facility in Tacoma suited for your needs and wants!
Retirement Living Services and Amenities
Services we offer to residents at our senior independent living community in Tacoma, Washington include:
- On-site dining, with the option to purchase individual meals or meal packages
- Planned activities and community outings
- Senior University classes
- Wellness/Fitness classes, personal trainers and fitness center to maintain good health
- Scheduled transportation to banks, stores and physician offices
- Guest accommodations
- Grounds-keeping and maintenance services
- If more home care is needed we offer assisted living, nursing care and memory care
Most people who have moved to our independent senior community in Tacoma WA say they prefer life at their new home more than living alone and here are some reasons why:
- New friendships and social connections
- No yard work or home maintenance
- Moving into a retirement community can be economical
- Wonderful food
- Staying fit with people your own age
- Lifelong Learning
- Safety and peace of mind
- Freedom to come and go as you please and to make your own decisions and choices.
- Freedom to focus on what’s most important to you, rather than being weighed down by the anchor of daily chores
- Volunteer Opportunities
If you are interested in learning more about the facilities in our independent living community in Tacoma, contact our nursing home today to schedule a tour and get more information!