Help For Isolated Seniors
Celebrate Seniority offers two free programs that can assist seniors who are feeling isolated and lonely.
MultiCare Celebrate Seniority is offering a program called “Help For Isolated Seniors.” Contact for this program is included on the flier. Below is more information about the program. I will also attach the application forms.
The Senior Friend Program (SFP) promotes social engagement of older adults in Pierce County by pairing volunteers with older adults aged 60+ who are homebound and socially isolated. (In partnership with Lutheran Community Services Northwest.
Participants may receive:
- Companionship – in person visits
- Transportation – errands and medical appointments
- Activities – both indoor and outdoor
The Care Pairs Program offers tools, guidance, and encouragement. Unpaid caregivers will receive weekly check-ins from staff and help with:
- Safety tips
- A listening ear
It is free to participate in both programs.
To qualify for both programs you must be:
- 60 years or above for Senior Friends
- Care Pairs at least 1 person needs to be 60+
- Lonely or Homebound
- Willing to participate in regular visits
- A Pierce County resident (not in assisted living or SNF)
Contact Wendy at 253-697-3005 or email@example.com at Celebrate Seniority for more information or to complete an intake form.