Featured Apartment of the Month: Tobey Jones #351
Independent Living with Services
This one bedroom, one bathroom apartment has a kitchenette, large closet in one of the bedrooms and a beautiful view of the campus. The monthly rent of $4,260 (no buy in) includes:
- Three wonderful, chef prepared meals a day
- Weekly housekeeping
- Transportation to and from doctor appointments and shopping
- Fitness classes and a 6,000 square foot Fitness Center
- Woodshop and Craft room
- Senior University with lifelong learning
- Kitchenettes with microwave and refrigerator
- Emergency call alert system
- Library, game room
- Secure entrances with easy call system for visitors
- Free reserved parking
- Free storage space (indoors) if available
Your needs are always a priority for us. For a tour or more information, please call Michelle Olafson or Shirley Robbins at 253-752-6621, or visit www.FrankeTobeyJones.com.
You might also like….
Garden Apartment #306
It has been quite a long time since we’ve had an availability in the Garden Apartments. This lovely north facing 614 square foot has large windows that face out over the park and a full kitchen. The monthly rent of $3,455 ($55K Entrance Fee) includes:
- Continental breakfast three days a week
- Happy Hour every Thursday
- Housekeeping twice monthly
- Maintenance of building exterior, all grounds and common spaces
- Activities and fitness classes, fitness machines and personal trainers
- FTJ Senior University
- Kitchen with built-in full size range, microwave oven, dishwasher and garbage disposal
- In-apartment stackable washer and dryer
- Fire, burglary, emergency services monitored on-site
- Secured building
- Electricity (including A/C), gas, water, sewer, garbage, standard cable television, property taxes and building insurance
- One free covered parking space per apartment
Enjoy an apartment home with all the conveniences and security of a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) campus. The Garden Apartments, built in 2004, are 1, 2 and 2 bedroom plus den apartments with a well-appointed layout. They come fully equipped and provide the independence and support active seniors are looking for in retirement living, including a Concierge. Garden Apartment residents enjoy all of the benefits of Franke Tobey Jones residency and socialization, while providing a more private setting perfectly located near Point Defiance Park, the waterfront and downtown Tacoma.
- Window blinds
- Storage area off deck or patio and storage space in the lower level of the building
- Up to $25 Bistro Café credit per month/person
- Concierge assistance with errand services
- 10 days FTJ Health Care Benefit accrued over 5 years. (2 days per year x 5 years = 10 days) per apartment (not per person).
- Maintenance of exterior, heating, ventilation, plumbing, electrical and security systems
- Use of all common area facilities, parlors, lounges
Memory Care #41
Our beautiful new Memory Care suites are open and residents are moving in! This is a perfect time to choose the best suite for your loved one(s). Memory Care Suite #41 looks out onto the beautiful garden and gazebo area. $7,250/month plus level of care.
Our Memory Care specializes in seniors with Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia. Our unique approach to memory care features a small group of residents who live together in a home-like setting with secured outside courtyards, many gathering spaces, 24 hour supervision and support. It is not necessary to live at FTJ first.
New Montessori-Inspired Memory Care Programming
Starting in late 2022, Franke Tobey Jones embarked on a brand new way of engaging with residents in our Memory Care. While Montessori is most often connected to learning for children, Montessori for dementia has been shown to be extremely effective in allowing the person with dementia to reconnect to a world they are losing access to. Through sensory experiences and hands-on programing, those who have dementia are better able to reconnect with pleasant events and memories of the past and experience the positive emotions of remembered events. For more information click here.
Memory Care Suites Feature
- Large private suite with private bathroom/shower
- Locked medication cabinets in each suite that only the nurse can access.
- Multiple large gathering areas
- Private, secure outside courtyards
- Under the supervision of a licensed nurse, activity professionals and nursing assistants, each day is guided by our 24 hour staff, and daily routine is structured to maximize quality of life for each resident
- A licensed nurse is available to administer medications and assist with emergencies
- Program includes assistance with activities of daily living including medications, bathing and dressing to ensure that needs are met
- A variety of meaningful activities including Montessori–inspired programming designed to enhance residents’ strengths while bringing enjoyment to their days
- Residents can enjoy quiet times with other residents and staff in various indoor and outdoor community spaces
Memory Care Suites Include
- Three delicious meals a day served family-style in the Memory Care dining room
- Weekly housekeeping: bed linens and towels are laundered and supplied weekly, and a laundry room is available for personal use. FTJ can also launder personal clothes for a fee
- Transportation to medical appointments five days a week
- Utilities include cable and local phone service
Your needs are always a priority for us. For a tour or more information, please call 253-752-6621, or visit www.FrankeTobeyJones.com.