FTJ Offering More Memory Care Suites
We have exciting news! FTJ has started the process of converting 21 skilled nursing suites into memory care suites. These will be available starting early 2023. “With the demand for memory care increasing every year, we are thrilled to be able to offer more beautiful memory care suites starting early 2023,” says Michelle Olafson, FTJ Director of Admissions and Resident Relations.
Alzheimer’s Association Memory Care Statistics
According to the Alzheimer’s Association, an estimated 6.5 million Americans age 65 or older (about 1 in nine Americans) are living with Alzheimer’s in 2022. This jumps to 73 percent for ages 75 or older. The number of people with the disease doubles every five years beyond age 65. In fact, every 65 seconds, someone in America develops Alzheimer’s. By mid-century, someone in America will develop the disease every 33 seconds. It is estimated that nearly 500,000 new cases of Alzheimer’s disease are being diagnosed in 2022.
Franke Tobey Jones Memory Care Program
At Franke Tobey Jones, our new Memory Care community is designed and built specifically for people with memory loss. It is a specialized community for seniors with Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia. Our goals are to provide a sense of security and belonging through reassuring staff in a place that feels like home, and to add quality of life through a daily routine by building conversation, social interaction, bonding and a sense of belonging.
- Large private suites with full private bathrooms/showers arranged in small clusters
- Many large gathering areas
- Private, secure outside courtyards
- Under the supervision of a licensed nurse, activity professionals and nursing assistants, each day is guided by our 24 hour staff, and daily routine is structured to maximize quality of life for each resident
- A licensed nurse is available to administer medications and assist with emergencies
- Program includes assistance with activities of daily living including medications, bathing and dressing to ensure that needs are met
- A variety of meaningful activities are designed to enhance residents’ strengths while bringing enjoyment to their days
- Residents can enjoy quiet times with other residents and staff in various indoor and outdoor community spaces
- Three delicious meals a day served family-style in the Memory Care dining room
- Weekly housekeeping. Bed linens and towels are laundered and supplied weekly. Laundry room is available for personal use
- Transportation to medical appointments five days a week
- Utilities include cable and local phone service
If you are concerned that you or a loved one might need assistance with memory care, or if you’d just like additional information, please contact us at 253-752-6621.