Life’s More Fun Without Cleaning Toilets!
So many of us conjure up images from when we might have visited our mom or grandmother in a nursing home, but senior living has changed significantly over the past few years. Communities today are simply not our “mother’s nursing home.” Most are beautiful, homelike, comfortable and like an all-inclusive luxury resort or cruise ship.
Residents living in independent living basically live active, totally autonomously but have the reassurance knowing that assistance and even care is available if needed. Residents who live independently in a retirement community generally live in their own cottage or apartment, drive their own cars, cook their own meals, can participate in community activities and have as much privacy or independence as desired.
Services and Amenities to Make Retirement Enjoyable
Services we offer to independent living residents include:
- On-site dining, with the option to purchase individual meals or meal packages
- Planned activities and community outings
- Senior University classes
- Wellness/Fitness classes, personal trainers and fitness center
- Scheduled transportation to banks, stores and physician offices
- Guest accommodations
- Grounds-keeping and maintenance services
- If more care is needed we offer assisted living, skilled nursing care and memory care
Most seniors who have moved to independent senior living communities say they prefer life at their new home more than living alone and here are some reasons why:
- New friendships and social connections
- No yard work or home maintenance
- Moving into a retirement community can be economical
- Wonderful food
- Staying fit with people your own age
- Lifelong Learning
- Safety and peace of mind
- Freedom to come and go as you please and to make your own decisions and choices
- Freedom to focus on what’s most important to you, rather than being weighed down by the anchor of daily chores
- Volunteer Opportunities