Featured Apartment of the Month: Tobey Jones Building # 352 – Independent Living with Services
This studio, the only studio apartment in the Tobey Jones building, is really charming! It has a lovely campus view and kitchenette. The monthly rent of $4,295 (no buy in) includes:
- Three wonderful, chef prepared meals a day
- Weekly housekeeping
- Transportation to and from doctor appointments and shopping
- Fitness classes and a 6,000 square foot Fitness Center
- Woodshop and Craft room
- Senior University with lifelong learning
- Kitchenettes with microwave and refrigerator
- Emergency call alert system
- Library, game room
- Secure entrances with easy call system for visitors
- Free reserved parking
- Free storage space (indoors) if available
Your needs are always a priority for us. For a tour or more information, please call Michelle Olafson or Shirley Robbins at 253-752-6621, or visit www.FrankeTobeyJones.com.
Or you might be interested in…
Garden Apartment #110 – Independent Living
This 588 square foot, one bedroom, one bathroom apartment with full kitchen is on the main floor close to happy hours, continental breakfasts and all the activities. Monthly rent is $3,920 with a buy in of $55K and includes:
- Continental breakfast three days a week
- Happy Hour every Thursday
- Housekeeping twice monthly
- Maintenance of building exterior, all grounds and common spaces
- Activities and fitness classes, fitness machines and personal trainers
- FTJ Senior University
- Kitchen with built-in full size range, microwave oven, dishwasher and garbage disposal
- In-apartment stackable washer and dryer
- Fire, burglary, emergency services monitored on-site
- Secured building
- Electricity (including A/C), gas, water, sewer, garbage, standard cable television, property taxes and building insurance
- One free covered parking space per apartment
Enjoy an apartment home with all the conveniences and security of a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) campus. The Garden apartments, built in 2004, are one, two and two bedrooms plus den apartments with a well-appointed layout. They come fully equipped and provide the independence and support active seniors are looking for in retirement living, including a Concierge. Garden Apartment residents enjoy all of the benefits of Franke Tobey Jones residency and socialization, while providing a more private setting perfectly located near Point Defiance Park, the waterfront and downtown Tacoma.
- Window blinds
- Storage area off deck or patio and storage space in the lower level of the building
- Up to $25 Bistro Café credit per month/person
- Concierge Services with errand services
- Ten days FTJ Health Care Benefit accrued over five years. (two days per year x five years = ten days) per apartment (not per person).
- Maintenance of exterior, heating, ventilation, plumbing, electrical and security systems
- Use of all common area facilities, parlors, lounges
Our beautiful new Memory Care suites are open and residents are moving in! This is a perfect time to choose the best suite for your loved one(s). Memory Care private suites start at $5,780 per month (no buy in).
Our Memory Care specializes in seniors with Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia. Our unique approach to memory care features a small group of residents who live together in a home-like setting with secured outside courtyards, many gathering spaces, 24 hour supervision and support. It is not necessary to live at FTJ first.
New Montessori-Inspired Memory Care Programming
Starting in late 2022, Franke Tobey Jones embarked on a brand new way of engaging with residents in our Memory Care. While Montessori is most often connected to learning for children, Montessori for dementia has been shown to be extremely effective in allowing the person with dementia to reconnect to a world they are losing access to. Through sensory experiences and hands-on programing, those who have dementia are better able to reconnect with pleasant events and memories of the past and experience the positive emotions of remembered events. For more information click here:
Memory Care Suites Feature
- Large private suite with private bathroom/shower
- Multiple large gathering areas
- Private, secure outside courtyards
- Under the supervision of a licensed nurse, activity professionals and nursing assistants, each day is guided by our 24 hour staff, and daily routine is structured to maximize quality of life for each resident
- A licensed nurse is available to administer medications and assist with emergencies
- Program includes assistance with activities of daily living including medications, bathing and dressing to ensure that needs are met
- A variety of meaningful activities including Montessori–inspired programming designed to enhance residents’ strengths while bringing enjoyment to their days
- Residents can enjoy quiet times with other residents and staff in various indoor and outdoor community spaces
Memory Care Suites Include
- Three delicious meals a day served family-style in the Memory Care dining room
- Weekly housekeeping: bed linens and towels are laundered and supplied weekly, and a laundry room is available for personal use. FTJ can also launder personal clothes for a fee.
- Transportation to medical appointments five days a week
- Utilities include cable and local phone service
Watch the new memory care common area video.
Starts at $460 per day.
In our private pay Care Center, all rooms are private with full private bathrooms. Your care is our highest priority with a 24-hour staff of RNs, LPNs and CNAs. Some supplies and/or therapy services may be billed through Medicare B. We can assist with long-term care insurance. It is not necessary to live at FTJ first.
Skilled Nursing Features
- Large private suites with private full bathroom/shower
- Skilled staff—24 hour licensed clinical staff, nursing services, restorative care, social services and dietician to oversee special dietary needs
- Activity Program—we seek to meet all types of leisure needs; physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual and social. Above all, we strive to bring meaning and purpose, along with care and compassion, into the lives of our residents.
- Special Programs including individualized restorative nursing program
- Contracted hospice services
- Beautiful great room, dining rooms, outside patios and indoor/outdoor gathering rooms.
- Access to dental services, podiatry, audiology and a massage therapist (for a fee)
- Contracted Physical Therapist on duty five days per week
- Speech Therapy and Occupational Therapy available on an as needed basis
- Meals—three delicious meals a day are served in a private dining room supervised by licensed nursing staff.
- All rooms are furnished with a TV, electric bed, night stand, closet, chair, phone and safe.
- All utilities including local phone and basic cable.
- Weekly housekeeping. Bed linens and towels are laundered and supplied weekly.
- Personal laundry services are included.
- Nursing services include medication management, wound management and oxygen services.
- In-house doctor and Medical Director.
- Transportation to and from medical appointments and activities.
- Emergency call features.
Your needs are always a priority for us. For more information regarding this apartment, other available apartments, or any questions you may have regarding retirement living, please call us at 253-752-6621 or visit www.FrankeTobeyJones.com.